Prerequisites to become a Big Data Developer:
Big Data Developer is the one who loves programming. He/she needs to know core Java, SQL, and any scripting language along with good interpersonal skills. A big data developer is responsible for coding or programming Hadoop applications. This role is similar to that of a Software Developer.
Skills required to become a Big data developer:
- Knowledge related to Hadoop.
- Good knowledge of back‐end programming, specifically Java, JS, Node.js, and OOAD
- Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Ability to write MapReduce jobs.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High‐performance, reliable and maintainable code writing skills.
- Good aptitude in multi‐threading and concurrency concepts.
- Proven understanding of Hadoop, Hive, Pig, and HBase.
Roles and Responsibilities of Big Data Developer:
Big Data Developer roles and responsibilities are almost the same as a software developer responsible for programming Hadoop applications in the Big Data domain.
- Designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting Hadoop
- Maintain security and data privacy
- High‐speed querying.
- Proposing design changes and suggestions to processes and products
- Managing and deploying HBase.
- Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
- Hadoop development and implementation.
- Working on disparate data sets.
- Create scalable and high‐performance web services for data tracking.